Curriculum Vitae of Dr. Barry Nadel
Name Dr. Barry L. Nadel
Address Kfar Pines #74 37920
Phone 972-6- 6376694
Date of Birth July 11, 1953
Place of Birth San Antonio, Texas, U.S.A.
Marital Status Divorced
Military Service June-October 1982 (in IDF) 13 years of reserve duty
Volunteer to Border Police 11-2001-12-2011
- 1972-73 West Valley Junior College, Saratoga, California Biology Lab assistant & Inventory survey
1975-1977 Dept. of Viticulture & Enology, U.C. Davis, Calif. Lab assistant. Analysis of grapes in field and lab and the making of wine samples.
- 1976-75 Director and Youth Leader of Jewish Youth activities for the Jewish Community of Davis, Calif.
- 1978-1981 Dept. of Fruit Breeding & Genetics, The Volcani Center, Bet Dagan. Lab assistant during PhD research
1982 Kochav Hashchar. Agronomist –Planted Vineyards
1982 Galilee Technologies., Ramat Gan. Agricultural Adviser- National Survey on the Industrial Potential of Plant Tissue Culture in Israel.
1983-84 Yishuv Ofra. Agronomist-
1984-85 Kibbutz Rosh Zurim.
1985-1991 Rehovot PhD. Researcher.: Use of Plant Tissue Culture for plant Physiology and Propagation Developed tissue culture-derived embryonic propagation system Physiological studies employing tissue culture of aspen and oaks
1991- 2012 AGECOTEC, Agricultural and Ecological Biotechnologies, Ltd. Kfar Pinnes #74, 37920 Managing Director-Plant tissue culture technology and vegetable Breeding: pepper, tomato, watermelon and maize (sweet corn and Corn Cane). Plant Physiology
2012 Trenovation Ltd. Contracted to domesticate medicinal plant Podophyilum, Agecotec was reorganized and renamed AgroSearch.
2013-215 Chief Scientist for Shmaya Pharmaceuticals, Ein Iron Medicinal Cannabis breeding, propagation methods
2012- Isratech 1996 Ruck Ltd. Chief Science Officer.
- Nadel, B.L. & Sahar,N. Differential sensitivity between and within species to
Mal secco Toxin. Phys. Pl. Path. (1983) 23:
- Nadel, B.L. & Spiegel-Roy, P. In Vitro Selection of Cell Culture Variants ofCitrus limon to the Mal secco Toxin. Plant Science (1987)53:177-182.
- Nadel, B.L. Use of Fluorescein Diacetate in Citrus Tissue Cultures for the Determination of Cell Viability. Scien. Hort. 39:15-21
- Altman A., Levin N., Cohen P. Schneider M. and Nadel B.L Polyamines in growth and differentiation of Plant cell cultures: The effect of nitrogen nutrition salt stress and embryogenic media. In: Zappia et al (ed) Advances in
Polyamine Research Vol.5 (1989).
- Viterbo, A., Dekel, M., Nadel,B.L. and Altman A. Regulation of differentiation in embryogenic celery cultures by polyamines. 2nd Intern. Cong. Plant Molecular Biology, Jerusalem 1988 abstract No.466.
- Nadel, B.L., Altman A. and Ziv M. Regulation of somatic embryogenesis in celery cell suspensions: I: Promotive effects of mannitol on somatic embryo development. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ culture (1989) 18:181-189.
- Nadel, B.L., Altman, A. and Ziv M. Regulation of somatic embryogenisis in celery cell suspensions: II Early detection of embryogenic potential and the induction of synchronized cell cultures. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture (1990) 20:119- 124.
- Nadel, B.L., Altman, A. and Ziv M. (1990) Cold storage and efficient conversion of celery somatic embryos into transplantable plants. Scien. Hort.44:9-16.
- Nadel, D. and Nadel, B.L. (1990) A new 100% earless recessive trait in Zea mays. Maize Genetics Cooperation Newsletter.64: 69-70.
- Nadel, B.L. The use of fluorescein diacetate as a cell viability probe. Applied Fluorescence Technology (1989) 1:13- 15.
- Nadel, B.L., Altman, A. and Ziv, M. Regulation of Large Scale Embryogenesis in Celery. (1990) Acta Hort. 280:75-82.
- Altman, A., Nadel, B.L. and Pleban, S. (1990) The effect of growth regulators on growth and polypeptide changes in Populus and Fagus bud cultures. 7th Int.Cong. on Plant Tissue and Cell Culture. Amsterdam pp.276.
- Nadel, B.L., Hazan, G., David, R., Huttermann, A., and Altman, A. (1991) In vitro propagation of Populus species: Response to growth regulators and media composition. Proc. 2nd. Int. Symp. Propag. of Ornamental Plants.
- Nadel, B.L., Hazan, G., Hadari, H., Pleban, S., Altman, A. and Huttermann,
- (1995). Physiology of Aspen in vitro: The effect of growth regulators on growth and changes in polypeptides profiles. submitted to J. of Plant Physiology.
- Nadel, B.L., Sela, T. and Altman, A. (1995) The characterization of Aspen (Populus tremula) cell suspensions grown in the presence of Aluminum (AlSO4). submitted to Tree Physiology.
- Nadel, B.L., Sela, T. and Altman, A. (1995) The selection of aluminum-resistant cell suspensions of Populus trichocarpa. submitted to Physiol.Plant.
- Nadel, B.L., Altman, A., Pleban, S., Huttermann, A. (1991) In vitro development of mature Fagus sylvatica L. buds: I. The effect of medium and plant growth regulators on bud growth and protein profiles.(1991) Plant Physiology 138:.
- Nadel, B.L., Altman, A., Pleban, S., Kocks, R. Huttermann, A. (1991) In vitro development of mature Fagus sylvatica L. buds: II. Seasonal changes in the response to plant growth regulators J. of Plant Physiol.138:136-141
- Nadel, B.L., Altman, A., Kocks, R. and Huttermann, A. (1995) In vitro physiological studies of poplar: effect of growth media and regulators on growth and polypeptides submitted to Tree Physiology.
- Nadel, D. and Nadel, B.L. (1995) Additive multigene model for the 100% earless trait in Zea mays by sib mating analysis. submitted to Crop Science.
- Nadel, D. and Nadel, B.L. (1995) The Utilization of the 100% earless trait ba4ba4): The development of male sterile hybrid, Maize Sugar Cane. submitted to Euphytica.
- Nadel, B.L., Altman, A. and Ziv, M. (1995) Somatic Embryogenesis of Celery (Review) in:Bajaj .Biotechnology of Agriculture and Forestry 31:306-322.
- Nadel, B.L., Hazan, G., David, R., Huttermann, A. and Altman, A. (1992) In vitro propagation of Populus species: response to growth regulators and media composition. Acta Hort. 314:61-68.
PATENTS applied for
- 2008 METHOD OF PRODUCING SUGAR AND ETHANOL FROM INFLORESCENCE- DEFICIENT CORN PLANTS
2008 METHOD OF PRODUCING SUGAR AND ETHANOL FROM TRIPLOID CORN PLANTS
2015 Patent pending on genetic engineering of tomato
Books submitted for publication
2014 Introduction to Kosher Wine and Practical Home Winemaking
- 1987-1971 Del Mar High School, San Jose, California: 4 years Scholastic Honor Society Awarded Honorable Mention Medallion for National Science Contest for a research paper on ‘The Effects of Ethrel on the Sex Expression in Cucumbers.
1971-73 West Valley Junior College, Saratoga, California. Major- Anthropology, minor-Botany
1973-74 University of California at Los Angeles: Major-Agriculture, minor- Anthropology
- 1974-75 University of California at Davis. Sc. in Plant Science. Major- Viticulture & Enology: studied grapes and wine making Awarded the Jastrow-Shields Scholarship for undergraduate research in the Life Sciences.
- 1975-77 U.C. Davis, M.Sc. in Horticulture under Prof. H.P. Olmo, Dept. of Viticulture & Enology. Thesis ‘Tissue Culture and the Induction of Haploidy in Vitis’. Awarded the Winkler Scholarship for graduate research in Viticulture.
- 1978-81 Hebrew University, Faculty of Agriculture in Ph.D. under Prof. P. Spiegel-Roy Dept. of Fruit Breeding and Genetics, The Volcani Center, Bet Dagan. Thesis `In vitro Selection of Cell Culture Mutants of Citrus limon to the Mal secco Toxin.
English–Graduate University level
Hebrew –fluent speaker, reading and writing limited
Creating and running Irrigation systems
Tractor driving: Advanced
Plant Tissue Culture
Prof. A. Altman (Emeritis) Dept. of Horticulture Faculty of Agriculture, Hebrew UniversityP.O.B. 12, Rehovot 76100 08-481-077
Dr. Shlomo Pleban Stockton Head of the Dept. of Research Ramat Gan 03-576923
Eliezer Zuckerbruan Seed Dealer and breeder 053 591984